Have you ever noticed that, even when using the right hair growth products, your hair remains frizzy and dry? If yes, then maybe you are not towel-drying your hair correctly. Let's delve into some do's and don’ts of towel drying in this blog.
Did you know that towel drying your hair is an important part of your hair care routine? If not, then let us inform you that it is an essential step, and not only that, how you do it also matters. Use a soft towel and gently remove the excess water from your hair, instead of rubbing, just dab the towel, don't twist your hair too much, and make sure your hair isn't too wet. Taking the time to towel dry your hair is an effective way of improving your hair's appearance.
Tired of battling frizzy, dry, and damaged hair? It might be time to rethink your hair-drying method. We suggest the Anveya Anti-breakage hair towel. This innovative towel gently removes excess water, enhances keratin strength, reduces frizz, and boosts shine while minimizing drying time by 10x. It is exceptional as it is 3 times stronger than the regular towel. Powered by DAMPDefenseTM an advanced technology that reduces hair breakage.
Buy ThriveCo's Hair Buddy
Is Wet Hair Weak?
Source : Freepik
When hair is wet it absorbs water and swells, which makes the outermost layer called cuticle lift up, making it more fragile. So drying your hair aggressively with the towel can lead to split ends and damaged hair. That is why it is advisable to be gentle with your hair when it's wet to keep it healthy.
What To Do When Towel Drying Hair?
Source : Freepik
Towel drying can be very effective if done the right way. Here's what you should do:
- Use a gentle hair towel: Always choose a soft towel which is made up of microfiber or cotton, to be kind to your hair.
- Squeeze the water out gently: Never rub the towel, instead gently squeeze the water from your hair. Rubbing can damage your hair.
- Dab the towel: To remove the excess water from hair dab the towel to prevent damage.
- Be patient: Do not lose patience while drying your hair. Dabbing and squeezing takes time. But it sure helps with your hair health.
Also Read : Spilling Some Hot Tips On Using A Hair Towel
Follow these points to maintain happy, healthy hair.
What Not To Do When Towel-Drying Hair
Source : Freepik
Here are some no no's when towel drying hair
- Are you using the same towel for the body and hair? If yes, then avoid doing that. Using large towels can damage your hair as they become heavier due to water soaked in them.
- Regular towels are very rough in nature and can be harsh on your hair. Use gentle and soft towels.
- Rubbing your hair aggressively with the towel can lead to frizzy hair. Avoid doing that to reduce frizz
- Do not twist your hair with the towel as it can weaken the hair and cause hair breakage
Keep these in mind to avoid damaging your hair.
Achieving happy and healthy hair isn't as easy as it seems. Relying only on hair growth products is not the only solution, you will also have to gently dry your hair with a soft towel. It is the simplest way to improve your hair's appearance and health.
Disclaimer: All the content published on www.thriveco.in is solely for information purposes. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consider seeking the advice of your physician or a qualified healthcare provider. The information, suggestion, or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.