Biotin has grown to become a really popular ingredient for hair growth. It’s currently being heavily hyped in the beauty world. Most people believe Biotin to be a hair growth elixir, but does it actually work?
What is Biotin?
Biotin, also known as Vitamin B7 is popularized as a hair growth ingredient. It not only help hair growth, but also helps in preventing hair loss by stimulating keratin production in the hair. It also helps with follicle growth and is an excellent hair supplement, whether ingested or applied topically. It is an essential nutrient that is found in spinach, mushrooms, rice, wheat, and oats. This is a water-soluble Vitamin B that enhances hair shine while strengthening and protecting the hair. Biotin for hair has multiple benefits and some of them are mentioned below.
Benefits of Biotin for hair
Biotin converts glucose from carbohydrates and therefore helps in imparting energy to the body. It also helps amino acids to carry out normal body functions. While there is limited evidence to suggest biotin’s efficacy with hair growth, dermatologists and scientists have been researching more on the subject because there can be some depth to it. While the increase in hair growth cannot be attributed to biotin alone, it helps in maintaining hair health and quality. Here are some proven biotin benefits for hair:
- Strengthens and thickens the hair: Most dermatologists suggest biotin supplements for strengthening hair. So those who have thin (experience thinning of hair), fragile hair should use biotin shampoos and add biotin-rich food to their diet.
- Enhances hair shine: Research suggests that biotin intake can add shine and luster to dry, dull hair, making it an effective part of your hair care procedure. Using a good biotin shampoo can add a mirror-like shine to the hair. It gives a beautiful reflective sheen to the tresses and brings bounce to the hair.
- Protect the hair: Those who wish to increase their hair length, must try a good biotin shampoo and include biotin tablets in their diet because the ingredient certainly helps in protecting hair from breakage.
- Promotes scalp health: It is rightly said that a healthy scalp is the source of healthy hair. Biotin is known to improve the infrastructure of keratin not only in the hair but on the skin and nails as well. Therefore, overtime biotin will promote hair volume and density.
- It makes hair full and bouncy: Biotin helps with hair thinning and adds ample volume to the tresses. Hair feels a lot thicker, bouncy, and much more voluminous, with regular use of topical biotin.
Does topical Biotin work?
While ingestion, in the form of biotin tablets or supplements in food, is the best way to make up for its deficiency, biotin can be used topically as well. To be honest, there is very little study that bears evidence of the benefits of topical use of biotin, however, some research suggests that this subject has a lot of scope and needs deciphering. So, the debate remains whether biotin is good for hair. Well, yes it is. Initial studies have revealed that biotin can be extremely beneficial for the skin, hair, and nails. Many dermatologists prescribe biotin supplements and topical biotin products for treating hair loss.
Hair serums and shampoos that contain this ingredient, provide deep and surface-level supplementation of biotin for improved hair growth. Those who are struggling with hair thinning, fragile hair must use hair serums that go deep within the hair follicles and strengthen the strands. Biotin shampoos add bounce, volume, and a reflective sheen to the hair. You can curate your hair care routine with a serum or the shampoo with biotin for your hair concerns.
ThriveCo Hair Vitalizing Shampoo with Biotin
ThriveCo’s Hair Vitalizing Shampoo is an excellent daily-use gentle shampoo that is enriched with the power of biotin. Apart from that, it contains caffeine, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Arginine, and Amino Acid Complex that help in strengthening the hair. It protects from hair loss and breakage while adding shine and vitality to the locks. It also helps in preventing premature ageing of hair, which is caused by oxidative stress. This biotin shampoo not only enhances the quality of hair but also improves the texture and shine.
How to use Biotin?
You can use biotin serums daily or as a leave-in serum post-shampoo. Dispense 2-3 drops of the serum on your fingertips and rub it into your hair roots. You can include Shampoo with biotin for regular use to maintain a clean scalp and nourished hair.
Ingredients that work with Biotin
Biotin is a member of the Vitamin B family, and it interacts well with most ingredients. Here are some ingredients it works with:
- DHT blockers: DHT is a common factor for inducing male and female pattern baldness. Biotin along with DHT blockers stimulates keratin production to stop hair fall while stimulating new hair growth.
- Zinc: Together they are excellent for hair because they help in protein building. Since keratin is the main component of hair, both these ingredients help in accelerated hair growth.
- Vitamin A: Biotin is safe to combine with most vitamins, and Vitamin A is no different. It is excellent for the skin and hair, when consumed with a Biotin supplement, it helps in improving the skin’s texture by adding a radiant glow.
What is the best time to use Biotin?
Biotin supplements should ideally be consumed in the morning after a meal. Since biotin is water-soluble, the excess easily gets excreted from the body, throughout the day in the form of urine. Topical biotin can be used in the form of shampoos, every time one washes their hair. Biotin in a serum-base should ideally be applied at night, so that the ingredient can work its magic in the hair follicles and shaft overnight, before being washed out in the morning.
Disclaimer:All the content published on www.thriveco.in is solely for information purposes. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consider seeking the advice of your physician or a qualified healthcare provider. The information, suggestion, or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.