Do you zoom into the details of your face when you take a selfie? What do you see? Your beautiful smile, shining eyes and at the same time the fine lines around it? But how and where did these lines come from in the middle of your clear skin? These fine lines today are tomorrow's wrinkles, yes, the very wrinkles that are synonymous with ageing. Let us understand more about it.
What are wrinkles?
All living beings on this planet wrinkle when they age, plants, animals, and human beings. But why? Imagine some healthy, moist and grainy soil on a pot, now what would happen if you left this pot on your balcony for a few days untouched? The grains of the soil would clump together, the soil would lose all its moisture and the surface would become barren and cracked due to sun exposure. This is exactly what happens to your skin health overtime and the end result being wrinkles. But the catch is that your skin cells are alive unlike the grains of the soil. This means we can control and nourish these cells to survive through such extreme tensions.
Wrinkles are simply your skin trying to reduce its surface area to prevent loss of volume by shrinking itself causing creases and folds on the skin. What is to be kept in mind is that wrinkles and fine lines are not something that pops up overnight like a zit, they form consistently over a prolonged period.
What causes wrinkles?
As you age, your bodily functions including the secretion of oils and enzymes, production of proteins like collagen and elastin as well as your body’s capacity to hold to moisture and nutrition eventually decline. This, along with the exposure to environmental factors like dust and UV over the phases of our life accelerates the process of wrinkle formation. Even your genetics have a role to play in how much and how early you wrinkle and age. Smoking and alcohol can also worsen your skin quality & all these factors sum up and cause wrinkles.
How do you prevent wrinkles?
You cannot go against nature; ageing is part of human life and so is wrinkling. When we talk about preventing wrinkles, we are essentially trying to delay them and minimize their depth.
Here are a few non-invasive tips for wrinkle management and turning back the clock:
1. Protect yourself from the sun: most skin damage happens because of long exposure to the sun, it is not possible to avoid the sun, but it is necessary to protect yourself from it. For instance, using protective clothing like full sleeves and hats can help.
2. Sunscreen is your best friend: there is nothing more important than good sunscreen in your skincare routine. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen which blocks both UVA and UVB rays. Apply your sunscreen generously and make sure to re-apply it according to your needs. More importantly, do not forget your eyelids, ears and lips.
3. Hydrate yourself: hydrate your body thoroughly. Drink a lot of water and take enough nutrition to support that intake of water. Hydrate your skin by moisturizing it and masking it. Moisturizing helps skin retain its volume and mask the fine lines and wrinkles. Using hyaluronic acid, which is an excellent humectant, will help lock the moisture and keep your skin plump. Healthy skin means better moisture levels and hence less wrinkling.
4. Collagen: collagen is the most abundant protein in the animal world, your joints, bones and tendons are made up of collagen. This collagen is what helps your skin elasticity and prevents it from sagging (wrinkling). But as we age our body reduces the production of collagen, which means we have to supplement it to our body, either by consuming it or by topical usage. But scientists believe that the molecular size of collagen is so large that it cannot pass through the epidermis, which means your skin cannot absorb the collagen through topical application. You can either inculcate it in your diet or use retinoids.
5. Retinoid: Retinoids are an elixir of anti-ageing. This retinol can be easily absorbed by your skin, in the form of serum or creams. Now what this retinoid does is, promotes the production of collagen as well as new blood cells. Retinoids reduce dark spots and fine lines and keep fine lines and wrinkles away. Retinoids come in various forms; it is recommended to consult your clinician before usage. Retinoids are said to dry out your skin sometimes so make sure to slowly include them in your regimen, using them twice a week is a good start.
Do not use retinoids if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant.
6. Face massages: Like the rest of your body, massaging your face once a day also helps improve the circulation of blood throughout your face making sure your cells are well nourished. It can improve your overall skin texture and better absorption of products. This helps is wrinkle management as the skin is fresher and healthy.
Can wrinkles be reversed?
The answer to this question is YES, wrinkles can be reversed. By using the right products, the right way, taking good care of your skin and by consuming healthy skin foods. But all this can’t be done in one day, it’s a long journey, the small things add up and give you that ideal wrinkle-free look. Start your journey today.
ThriveCo Youth Renewal Serum dramatically improves the look of fine lines and wrinkles. This quick-penetration formula combines clinically proven ingredients with innovative technology to target skin ageing. It features a powerful blend of 11x faster Retinal, Encapsulated Retinol and Niacinamide to intensely nourish and renew the look of skin, by boosting collagen production and speeding up the cell turnover rate. This all-in-one youth-enhancing serum also evens-out hyperpigmented, dull skin while combating acne and blemishes.
Disclaimer: All the content published on www.thriveco.in is solely for information purposes. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consider seeking the advice of your physician or a qualified healthcare provider. The information, suggestion, or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.