Listen to the blog
Nothing can replace the joy of reading, right? Read the blog here.
If you want to start a haircare routine for either increasing the quality of your hair or to reduce damage that you’ve seen on your hair… you’ve come to the right place!
We’ll help you figure out the best way to perform haircare and haircare routines along with some of the best haircare products to help you enrich your hair.
Source : Shutterstock
But let’s get to know a few general tips for developing a hair care routine:
- Determine your hair type and texture: You need to figure out some general knowledge regarding your own hair such as hair type (curly, wavy, straight etc.), texture (smooth, silky etc.) as these are the basic traits of your hair which help develop a haircare routine
- Wash your hair regularly: Depending on your hair type and preference an individual can go for washing their hair once a day, semi-regularly etc. It also depends on factors such as how sensitive your hair is to products. Try not to use harsh products for your hair
- Use a deep conditioning treatment to nourish your hair: To help nourish and moisture your hair you can go for deep conditioning treatments which will help keep your hair soft and silky.
- Protect your hair from any sort of heat damage: Do not use flat irons, curling irons, hair dryers etc. as these heat styling tools damage your hair over time. If you do want to go for them, use heat protectant sprays and avoid using high heat settings for the tools.
- Avoid usage of harsh chemicals: As we mentioned before, avoid using harsh products at all costs. Bleach, relaxers etc. are a few of the examples of harsh chemicals damaging your hair. If you want to reduce hair damage due to hair dandruff and are looking for a shampoo for hair fall, try going for sulfate-free shampoos
- Protect your hair while sleeping: Use a silk or satin pillowcase to reduce friction and prevent breakage while you sleep. You can also tie your hair up in a loose bun or braid to keep it from getting tangled.
What Are Korean Hair Care Routines?
Since the Joseon dynasty (1392-1910), hair in Korea was considered as a symbol of royalty and was styled using different techniques to style their hair. Women used to apply ginseng and rice water to nourish their hare. Korean hair care routines have since then expanded and modernized into extremely reliable haircare routines that many are inculcating in their daily routine so as to get better looking hair. By the end of it all you’ll be having glossy, silky hair strands and your hair will feel much better.
Steps To Start A Korean Hair Care Routine
1. Scalp Scrub
Making sure you give your scalp extreme care is really necessary to get the best results out of the Korean hair care routine. Use scalp scrubs to deep clean your scalp. It will help get rid of oil, dead skin and product build up on your scalp. You need to check out ThriveCo's Exfoliating Scalp Scrub to help get best results. Because, a healthy scalp equals healthy hair, right?
Buy ThriveCo Scalp Care Kit
Use a gentle shampoo that should not contain any sulfates otherwise it will strip your hair of its natural hair color. Shampooing helps you to remove dirt accumulated on your hair.
Conditioning after shampooing is very necessary to help restore moisture back to your hair after shampooing. But before you do that use a silicone bristle brush to massage your hair. After this use a towel to dry your hair a little before applying the conditioner. Leave it for 2-3 minutes and then remove it.
For treating your hair, use a hair mask and a bit of a hair rinse. Hair mask is filled with natural oils which help nourish your hair and restore its moisture. As for the hair rinse, normally a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water is used. You can use hair fall solutions, hair serum, essence etc, which will help add extra moisture and protect your hair from further hair damage. ThriveCo’s Scalp Vitalizing Serum works amazingly on adding intense hydration to your scalp.
Gently dry your hair after you’ve followed through all of the above steps. You can gently use a towel to pat your hair dry or you can use air dryers on low heat settings to ensure that heat doesn’t damage your hair.
The final step and we are finished with the Korean hair care routine. And of course, most importantly, at the end of it all, styling is very important. You can use hair toners, hair oils, serums etc. to help style your hair in many eloquent styles.
Korean hair care routines are a very effective and overall a reliable hair care routine, that can be very easily and conveniently integrated with your daily lifestyle. The end results of the hair care routine are very satisfying. You’ll love the overall experience and your hair after that!
Disclaimer: All the content published on www.thriveco.in is solely for information purposes. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consider seeking the advice of your physician or a qualified healthcare provider. The information, suggestion, or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.