Not sure whether you have wavy or curly hair? Let's get into the blog and learn what makes curly and wavy hair different from each other.
Confusion between wavy hair and curly hair is normal as they are twins. They look similar but have their own superpowers. Earlier, people had preferences, but now it is all about celebrating your uniqueness.
Wavy hair and curly hair both of them give a unique personality. It is not about having different hair but having something that makes you special. So, whether you have wavy hair or curly hair, it is all about celebrating your natural look.
Why Is Wavy And Curly Hair Different?
Still confused between wavy hair and curly hair? No problem, here's a list of how wavy hair and curly hair are different:
- Curly hair takes a full 360-degree turn and creates tight spirals, just like springs.
- Wavy hair is S-shaped like a snake.
- Wavy hair has a relaxed oceany flow texture, it flows with no regrets.
- Curly hair is more like bouncing off the wall and has a textured appearance.
- Curly hair has oval-shaped follicles.
- Wavy hair has disked-shaped follicles.
- Wavy hair demands lighter products with no drama.
- Curly hair loves a moisturizing dance for those defined curls.
Personal style statement
- They both add uniqueness and charm to an individual's personality.
- Different from the rest and stand out from the crowd.
What Are The Different Types Of Wavy And Curly Hair?
Let's enter a party where every strand shows its unique dance move, be it wavy or curly. Ready? Let's dive into the world of all types.
Types of waves
Source : Freepik
- Type 2A: Fine and loose waves. Dancing slowly as it is the fastest and loosest among all, to the sweet rhythms of easy breezy music.
- Type 2B: The middle child of the wavy family. A small curl party was organised at the mid-lengths.
- Type 2C: Thick waves evolving into more defined curls. These are more prone to frizziness.
Types of curly hair
Source : Freepik
- Type 3A: Loose curls, forming a big ring of playful curls, bouncing from the top of the head.
- Type 3B: Spiral that could probably double as phone cords, but in a stylish way.
- Type 3C: Coils are so tight. They have a pencil-like circumference. They are like tiny bungee jumps for your hair.
Does The CG Method Benefit Wavy Hair?
Source : Freepik
Let's first learn about the CG method. It is a method popularized by Lorraine Massey, originally designed for curly hair. Have wavy hair, and wonder if the curly girl method is right for you? The answer is yes! Let's follow The CG method guidelines that can do wonders for your wavy hair.
- Wash your waves using sulfate-free shampoo & conditioner. Avoid using a clarifying shampoo that contains sulfate, silicone, paraben, and drying alcohol. Consider using Curlvana Zero Frizz Non-Drying Wavy Hair Shampoo, a sulfate-free shampoo that not only clears the scalp but also hydrates your waves without leaving any clingy residue, adding a shine.
- Use a nourishing conditioner made for wavy hair. Like Curlvana Nourishing Hydrating Wavy Hair Conditioner makes the hair bouncy and smooth, detangles the knots, revives the dull, dry, and frizzy hair, and makes it shiny.
- Gently pat a microfiber towel on your wet waves to remove the excess water. Avoid aggressive rubbing to keep away the frizz
- Go for lightweight products to style your waves. Try using Curlvana Extra Definition Non-Sticky Wavy Hair Mousse. It is the finishing touch after the shampoo & conditioner routine. It adds shine, charm, and a lot of fun to waves.
- A big NO to heat styling tools, let your waves air dry for a natural look.
Buy Curlvana Wavy Hair Care Range
Whether your locks slay in waves or dance in curls, knowing the difference means your hair will finally get the VIP treatment that it deserves.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is my hair wavy or curly?
If your strands are more S-shaped, then your hair is wavy. And if you're seeing spirals or ringlets, then your hair is curly.
2. Does the CG method take how much time to show its effectiveness?
Stay patient, it will take one to four months.
3. CG method?
A method for curly or wavy hair girlies. In this avoid products that include sulfate and silicone, as they remove the natural oils from your hair and weigh down your hair.
4. Is Curlvana Wavy Hair care range effective in managing waves?
Yes. Consists of shampoo, conditioner, and mousse. Helps in clearing the scalp, hydrating the waves, does not weigh down the strands, and adds shine.
Disclaimer: All the content published on www.thriveco.in is solely for information purposes. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consider seeking the advice of your physician or a qualified healthcare provider. The information, suggestion, or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied