Everything you need to know about hair loss - Causes, treatment & more
Are you stressing about hair loss and probably losing some of your hair due to stress? You certainly are not alone. As a matter of fact, more than 60% of the human population experiences mild to severe hair thinning by the time they reach 40. There are several reasons for the thinning of your hair, right from external pollution to internal deficiencies. Let's try to understand the causes of hair loss and how to prevent hair fall & treat it.
Reasons for hair loss
While losing a few strands is a normal stage of your hair growth cycle, excessive loss of hair is something of concern and can in turn thin down your hair volume. Some types of hair loss are temporary but sometimes it is permanent. Reasons why this may happen are listed below:
- Genetics: if one or both of your parents have very thin hair, you are more likely to experience the same, this is called androgenic alopecia in the medical world. Do not worry, some treatments involving rosemary oil or pea sprout extracts may help you tackle issues related to hair thinning.
- Diet: Diet plays a crucial role in anything and everything related to your body and well-being. Nutritional deficiencies are one of the major reasons for hair loss. When you don't consume enough nutrients, your body reroutes the nutrients that you eat towards your vital organs away from your hair follicles. Due to this, your hair weakens and you see an increase in hair fall. Ensure your diet needs are well addressed as the initial step of your hair loss treatment.
- Hair styling: Heat styling and using tight rubberbands without any sort of protection can cause serious hair fall. Thin hair can fall due to such physical tension or extreme force on hair; something which is known as traction alopecia. Tight updos, chemical treatments, and regular styling using heat may result in fragile and damaged hair.
- Stress: hair thinning due to stress is called telogen effluvium. This type of hair thinning is notable because it can go on till three months after the event. Chronic stress has also been linked to hair loss, consider seeking stress-relieving activities that you enjoy.
Hair loss in men and women
Seeing a bald man walk by and a bald woman walk by will receive different reactions. Hair loss, although stressful for both, is usually more accepted in men than in women. Apart from the societal reactions, the causes for hair fall in both these genders can also be due to different reasons.
Androgenic alopecia is believed to be caused by dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which comes from the male hormone testosterone. Since men have more testosterone than women, they are more likely to witness balding. It’s important to monitor hair health regularly and check for obvious signs of hair fall.
Hormones are one of the major players in hair loss, women naturally are prone to experience frequent changes in hormone levels either due to menstrual cycle or menopause or pregnancy. Around 65% of women experience severe hair loss with menopause.
Pregnancy also causes postpartum hair loss. Women tend to shed less hair during pregnancy, and after delivery, and all that hair sheds in clumps. This type of thinning can be extremely traumatic. But the hair regrows over the course of time and is something that should be factored in as part of your hair loss treatment journey.
Best ingredients for accelerating hair growth
There are several nutrients available naturally in fruits or vegetables that you can consume which help in hair growth. But certain ingredients concocted as serums are designed specifically to treat issues like hair loss & hair thinning:
- Redensyl: this is an innovative ingredient from regenerative medicine that works on human hair stem cells. Hair loss happens when hair stem cells stay dormant on the scalp. Redensyl activates the hair stem cells to generate the new growth phase of the hair.
- Anagain: This is a product of organic pea sprout extract to rebalance the hair life cycle. This works by reducing hair loss by inducing the dermal papilla cells to reactivate hair growth through certain signal molecules.
- Procapil: this active is a combination of natural origin Apigenin, oleanolic acid and vitaminized matrikine (vitamin H). this prevents the ageing of hair, prevents hair loss and strengthens hair. Oleanolic acid lessens DHT production whereas apigenin, a natural flavonoid improves blood circulation of the hair follicles. Vitaminized matriline improves follicle keratinocyte quality.
Also Read : Procapil Uses,Benefits,Side-Effects,And More
- Capilia Longa: this stimulates hair follicles for hair growth in the regions where it is most needed by the miRNA technology. It helps in enlarging follicles for better, denser hair growth. Ensures broader bulb for thicker hair strands.
- Sodium hyaluronate: This penetrates deep into the scalp for continuous hydration which in turn reduces scalp dryness.
- Pentavin: this helps by repairing the scalp’s moisture barrier and protects the scalp and hair from environmental pollutants.
Men or women, thinning of hair can be traumatic for anyone. With the use of science, the process of hairloss has been combatable to an extent. Apart from the magical ingredients available in serums, it is extremely important to consume enough nutrients and have enough movements to make sure your blood is well circulated.
ThriveCo Hair Serum 2.0 is a potent treatment for combating hair loss and accelerating new hair growth. It is powered by ingredients like Capilia Longa, Redensyl, Procapil and AnaGain, that awaken dormant hair follicles to generate hair growth in areas of baldness and thinning. It is effective in treating male and female pattern baldness. It rebalances the hair's lifecycle and reduces hair loss.
Also Read : L - Arginine : Benefits,Uses And Side Effects
Disclaimer:All the content published on www.thriveco.in is solely for information purposes. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consider seeking the advice of your physician or a qualified healthcare provider. The information, suggestion, or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.