What is Hyaluronic acid?
Hyaluronic acid is the superstar of skincare products. It is a hydrator, that moisturises your skin, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, replenishes cell moisture and speeds up wound healing. And the best part is it can be used ANY actives! But what exactly is this hyaluronic acid and how did it reach the holy grail status?
Hyaluronic acid is a polysaccharide molecule that occurs naturally in the skin and it helps to bind water to collagen, trapping it in the skin, so that skin can appear plumper, dewier and more hydrated. The collagen in our dermis forms the structure of our skin, natural hyaluronic acid is bound to collagen on one side and is attached to water on the other side, giving skin its plumpness.
But as we age the collagen and hyaluronic acid production in the body naturally decreases which makes your skin more prone to dehydration. Living in extreme cold and dry weather can also be a reason. hyaluronic acid can bind up to 1000 times its weight in water, it works as a humectant and holds water molecules onto your skin to keep it hydrated. Using a low molecular weight hyaluronic acid will help it penetrate deep into your skin due to its small molecular size and heal your skin truly from within.
How is hyaluronic acid produced?
Hyaluronic acid is often produced by fermenting certain types of bacteria. Rooster combs are also a common source.
Benefits of hyaluronic acid
One reason why everyone loves hyaluronic acid so much is its magical ability to retain moisture. Lack of moisture is one of the main culprits of ageing, which is why this ingredient is a must when you try to repair your skin’s moisture barrier. Hyaluronic acid penetrates easily, which is why you can observe the changes very quickly relative to other ingredients:
- Retains moisture: If we haven't made it clear yet, if you are looking for a product that helps you hold your moisture, hyaluronic acid is your elixir to consider. It helps replenish and hold cell moisture leaving you with dewy and plump skin.
- Reduces wrinkles: Wrinkles and dehydration go hand in hand, the more you are dehydrated, the more the chances for fine lines and wrinkles. Hyaluronic acid replenishes the lost moisture and helps reduce the appearance of any fine lines. This delays wrinkles on skin, helping maintain optimum skin health in the process.
Also Read : Can Wrinkles Be Reversed? Let's Find Out.
- Fast absorption: Hyaluronic acid absorbs into the skin real quick which means you won't lose much product.
- Usage: Hyaluronic acid can be used in any form and whenever you want, you can use it as a serum or in a cream or take it as a supplement, there are plenty of options.
- Side effects: Hyaluronic acid is one of those very rare products that can go with other actives and doesn't react in a harmful way or irritate your skin. So it's easily one of the safest ingredients that you’ll use on your skin.
- Safety: Hyaluronic acid is a safe ingredient and can be used by men and women, across all skin types, including sensitive skin.
How to choose the right Hyaluronic Acid for you?
With so many options available in the market, comes the paradox of choice. It can be a conundrum to choose the right hyaluronic acid for yourself. What is important is to understand your skin first. The molecular weight of the hyaluronic acid inversely relates to how deep it can penetrate the skin.
A high molecular weight hyaluronic acid is more likely to create a film on the surface of the skin rather than penetrate deeper into the skin. In other words, it might not show you results.
An ultra-low molecular weight 5kDA hyaluronic acid penetrates rapidly into the layers of the skin. It stores in the water in the connective tissues of the skin and provides intense moisturization. Its long-lasting hydration makes the skin plumper and smoother, reduces fine lines, promotes firm skin and improves elasticity.
It even repairs the damage caused due to harmful sun rays, refreshes the skin and enhances skin cell proliferation which delays ageing.
So the next time you are experiencing dry skin, consider using Hyaluronic acids, it might change your skin completely for the better. At the same time make sure to quench the thirst of your organs and drink enough water and provide them with enough supplements.
Also Read : A Step-by-Step Skin Care Routine for Dry Skin
Buy ThriveCo 5KDa HA Super Serum
ThriveCo 5 kDa HA Super Serum is powered with 5kDa Hyaluronic Acid, the smallest form of Hyaluronic Acid. It penetrates through different layers of skin, and intensely hydrates while protecting the skin barrier. Its long-lasting hydration makes the skin plumper & smoother, reduces the visible signs of ageing - wrinkles, fine lines, promotes firmer skin with improved skin elasticity.
Disclaimer:All the content published on www.thriveco.in is solely for information purposes. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consider seeking the advice of your physician or a qualified healthcare provider. The information, suggestion, or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.