Most of us might have come across the term Amino Acids during our research for great hair and skin. And some of us who paid attention in science class might know about its many health benefits as well. To put it simply, Amino Acids are molecules that combine to form protein, i.e., they are the building blocks of protein. The other way to explain it would be, protein is disintegrated in the form of amino acids, which are absorbed by the body. These acids can be segregated into 20 categories, and they contain alpha-carbon, carbonyl group, R-group, and amino group chains.
What are Amino Acids?
Derived from protein-laden food, amino acids are obtained from our daily diet. Plus, our body produces additional 11 amino acids by itself. Our body requires 20 different amino acids to function properly and they can be segregated into 3 groups.
- Essential amino acids: There are around 9 essential amino acids, that cannot be produced by the body internally. These need to be consumed in the form of dietary supplements and then broken down within the body. These include valine, tryptophan, threonine, phenylalanine, methionine, valine, and a few others.
- Nonessential amino acids: These are dispensable amino acids that are produced within the body. Even if they aren’t a part of our diets, the body can synthesize and produce them on its own.
- Conditional amino acids: While these amino acids aren’t the most important, the body might need them when it's weak or ill.
Benefits of Amino Acids
Things like muscle growth and tissue growth heavily rely on Amino Acids. They help in the production of essential hormones and repair the body while providing a certain amount of energy. Here are some benefits of amino acids for hair:
- Reduces hair breakage: When it comes to hair care, it helps with growth and reduces hair breakage. The hair is packed with amino acids because it is made from keratin, which is essentially protein. Research has proven that hair growth is linked with amino acids, and people who have a protein-rich diet are less prone to hair fall or hair thinning.
- Improves hair growth: It is a fact that amino acids do account for a heavy percentage in chemically constructing the hair. Cysteine, a rather well-known amino acid supplement has proven to show remarkable improvement with hair growth. Women with telogen effluvium have found cysteine to be very helpful for them. Lysine, another amino acid is known for impacting hair integrity. Found in the hair roots, it allows the strands to retain their structure and volume.
Also Read : Accelerating Hair Growth For Thin And Limp Hair
- Strengthens the hair: It is believed that topical application of amino acids in the form of hair care products directly affects and improves hair strength. People who are experiencing hair damage caused by bleaching, colouring, and sun exposure can notice the benefits of Amino Acids for hair.
- Prevents hair thinning: Overall, it would be safe to say that amino acids help in maintaining hair, skin, and nail health. Hair thinning and hair loss can be reduced by including amino acid supplements in the diet and topical amino acids in the hair care regime. Amino Acids stimulate hair growth and maintain hair health.
- Prevents hair greying: Most people are unaware that amino acids can help in reversing premature hair greying hair as well. They produce melanin while protecting the hair from oxidative damage.
Why are Amino Acids important for good hair health?
As mentioned before, our hair is made of keratin and keratin comprises nearly 20 types of amino acids and topical application of it will certainly benefit the hair. Cysteine is a very popular amino acid, known for stimulating hair growth. It also helps in protecting the texture of the hair. Methionine another well-known amino acid is known to aid hair disorders like hair fall. Arginine helps with building hair fibers and therefore promotes strength. Tyrosine helps in the production of melanin and maintains hair colour for a very long time. Amino acids help in improving scalp health. Tryptophan improves hair growth by stimulating blood flow in the hair follicles. ThriveCo’s anti-dandruff pre-shampoo treatment contains arginine a powerful amino acid as one of its prime ingredients. It offers impactful results when it comes to reducing hair breakage or hair thinning.
Also Read : Biotin For Hair Growth.Is It Worth To Hype
ThriveCo’s Anti-Dandruff Pre-Shampoo Treatment
ThriveCo's Anti-dandruff pre-shampoo treatment is an excellent solution to combat dandruff and starts working right from the very first application. It contains octopirox which is a novel anti-dandruff treatment. This treatment helps in alleviating scalp itchiness caused by dandruff and regulates the growth of microorganisms in the scalp by targeting the root cause of dandruff. Apart from that, it contains Pentavitin which hydrates the scalp and hair to reduce flakiness. It also safeguards the scalp barrier. The product contains arginine, a very popular amino acid. Arginine improves blood circulation in the scalp and reduces hair breakage, while intensely hydrating every strand.
How to use Amino Acids for hair care
Amino acids can be consumed in the form of supplements. There are many hair gummies and tablets on the market, that are enriched with this hair-benefiting ingredient. Apart from that, the best way of topically applying amino acids to the hair is in the form of serums. The smaller molecules penetrate the hair shaft and follicles for improved hair growth. While amino acids can be found in shampoos and conditioners, their efficacy is lesser than in hair serums.
Ingredients that work well with Amino Acids
Amino acids are essentially proteins, and they work with a variety of hair and skincare ingredients. Some of them are noted as follows:
- Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic Acid is a hydrating humectant, that works very well with amino acids to smoothen unruly hair. It delves into the hair shaft to offer much needed moisturization to dry, damaged hair.
- Omega fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids are excellent for improving hair thickness. They accelerate hair growth when combined with amino acids.
- Pentavitin: Pentavitin helps in softening, smoothening, and hydrating the hair while maintaining scalp health. It works to condition the hair when combined with amino acids.
- Peptides: Amino acids and peptides make an amazing combination for hair growth. They penetrate the hair follicles and prevent breakage while thickening the hair shaft for improved hair density and volume.
Also Read : Redensyl - How Does It Help Hair Growth?
Disclaimer:All the content published on www.thriveco.in is solely for information purposes. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consider seeking the advice of your physician or a qualified healthcare provider. The information, suggestion, or remedies mentioned on this site are provided without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.